Rose water can be found in almost every Indian bathroom, for 101 good reasons. It has so many good features and possibilities that it simply should not be missing in your closet. It is a by-product of steam distillation during the extraction of essential oil from rose leaves.
Rose water hydrates and soothes your skin, and helps to maintain the pH balance of your skin. It has a wonderful aroma reminiscent of the scent of spring blossoms. Suitable for all skin types, but especially popular as a toner for sensitive or mature skin. Can be used perfectly neat, or in combination with another hydrosol such as Witch Hazel.
Hydrosols like rose water can be used instead of water in your favorite DIY beauty recipe.
Use this wonderfully scented rose water:
- If face cleanser. Spray a few drops on your entire face and let the rose water soak in for 20 seconds.
- As anti-inflammatory agent for irritated skin, eczema and acne.
- As moisturizer to hydrate the skin.
- As antioxidant to improve skin cell production.
- As toner for the skin. Apply the rose water to the skin daily via a cotton swab.
- As a natural sedative , to suppress feelings of stress and anxiety. Just add some rose water to a warm bath and relax completely.
- As a natural sleeping aid. Put a few drops of rose water on your pillow
- As an anti-aging product against wrinkles and fine lines